Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Adult Situations


I'm back in the amen corner today; I can't write anything more appropriate than what I've just read.

Remember when Bush won the first time? He beat Al Gore, about whom people complained that he was too stiff, too boring. Lately I've been looking at the mess we're in and thinking that we need someone who knows how to get things done, no fanfare, just an honest day's work. "Fifty years old, and I'm still screwing nuts on bolts," was how poet Gary Snyder put it, the business of being a grownup. Whenever I see "adult situations" in a movie review, I think "Oh, they must be worrying about how to pay the bills," because that's what adults do.

Here is a link to an adult situation: Al Gore discusses Katrina and the challenge of global climate change.
a

No comments: