Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Ivey Family of Ishpeming

One of the things I can do with my (free) Sitemeter account is find out what people are looking for when they are referred to my blog.

Lately, several different visits have come from people looking for information about the Ivey family of Isheming. They find their way to my page of family lore about Grampa Gord, which mentions Henry Ivey, who moved to the UP with my great grandfather. I always thought that Pearl Ivey, who lived in Flint, was my grandfather's cousin, but now I'm not so sure.

Grampa tended two varieties of Japanese Anemones that Pearl had given him. They flower in the late summer and into fall, first the pink variety and then the white. One of my projects for this fall is to transplant some of these to my yard, where I can tend them more carefully.

You can email me if you are looking for more family information. The first part of my address is ochouse. The last part is gmail.com. Of course, the @ goes in the middle.

No comments: