Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Anna Paints a Picture


Anna paints a picture

Anna created this picture using the Paint program. This is a test to see if I can import Paint documents as pictures.

I often make real pizza by using my basic bread recipe but using at least half white flour. The recipe makes about four pizzas with enough dough left over to make a loaf of bread for tomorrow's breakfast. Tomorrow's lunch is always leftover pizza.

I have one of those pizza stones but I never used it much until I bought a pizza paddle from a school fundraiser. I sprinkle corn meal on the paddle, roll out the dough on my table, then put the dough on the cornmeal covered paddle and put the toppings on. The pizza stone is already in the oven while the oven preheats to about 425 degrees. I put the toppings on the dough while it is on the paddle, then slide the whole pizza off onto the hot stone. That part is tricky; you have to give it a little jerk to make it slide.If you've skipped the cormeal you are sunk. You just have to roll it up, bake it at a lower temperature and try to pass it off as a calzone. The pizza won't be perfectly round, but nobody seems to care. I take the pizza out of the oven by sliding a flat cookie sheet under it.

Toppings are whatever we have. With a good crust you can enjoy somewhat sparser toppings. Pesto (frozen from the summer) and provolone cheese were last winter's favorite.

No comments: