Monday, July 11, 2005

Another weekend, another poker tournament. On Saturday night I didn't get out until 3 am and then my car (the '90 Horizon) wouldn't start. It felt like the work day that wouldn't end.

This is just a quick post since I have dirty dishes and laundry backed up and I'm too tired to think, anyway. I want to reprint something from Patriot Boy that I thought was hilarious:

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Faith-based manufacturing


Neal Wade

Alabama Development Office

Dear Mr. Wade,

Have you read what Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe said recently while visiting the French in Ontario? Here it is in case you missed it:


[Watanabe] said Nissan and Honda have encountered difficulties getting new plants up to full production in recent years in Mississippi and Alabama due to an untrained - and often illiterate - workforce. In Alabama, trainers had to use "pictorials" to teach some illiterate workers how to use high-tech plant equipment.


We have to do something about that. No, I'm not saying that we should raise taxes to fund public schools--I hate communism. Homeschooling and Christian schools are giving our children a fine Christ-based education. We don't need any fancy ciphering or reading knowledge beyond what's required to read the Bible and neither does Toyota. We just need to educate a few CEOs.

Perhaps the Alabama Development Office could pilot a demonstration Intelligent Design automobile manufacturing plant. Just bring in a few raw materials, say a prayer, and wait for God to put it all together.Please consider it. By investing now in faith-based manufacturing, Alabama could become the leader in implementing modern conservative values.

Heterosexually yours,Gen. JC Christian, patriot



I thought it was funny. I was also amused to see that after my last post my sitemeter went crazy and started registering 25 hits per hour. I think it might have been the phrase "wonder of a naked man" in the first few lines. Unfortunatley none of those people hung around long enough to learn about the school funding crisis.

No comments: