Thursday, October 04, 2007

Where My Sleep Went



This is the last little piece of our old roof -- two layers of asphalt shingles and the original cedar shakes. We have a hired crew working to replace it, tearing the old stuff down to the planks, laying tar paper and then 2x4s on their sides to make an airspace, and then board sheeting, more tar paper, and finally the shingles over that. They are also boxing in the soffits and putting vents in top and bottom so the whole thing will breathe.

They start at 8 am and I work until midnight. Until recently, I was working until 2 am and going to bed at 3. They say that adjusting to an earlier shift is much harder than simply staying up later. I am proving it, laying in bed for an hour or more before I can get to sleep. It's hard to be grumpy when the days are as beautiful as this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: