Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Will it grow?

Posted by Picasa

I planted peas during our "first spring", at the end of March. Then it snowed, about eight days straight, including the near blizzard. Yesterday the snow had finally melted off enough so that I could find the garden.

The first thing I did was pick some rhubarb, even if the stalks were only a few inches long. Then I planted another row of garlic, out of the cloves that were sprouting in the basement. Then I planned to replant the peas. but first I dug up one of the previously planted peas to see if there was any sign of life.

The pea I dug up is in the photo above. The color is not quite right; to my eye it looked greener, a beautiful shade of spring green. The root looks ready to grow. Will it grow? I didn't replant, I will give the first seed another week to prove itself.

No comments: