Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Gun Season

Today is the first day of "Gun Season", short for Firearm Deer Season. I don't know who the guy in the photo is, but I suspect the photo was taken in northern Michigan in the early 1930's.


I don't think he actually shot this deer, since there is a later picture of a lady with a gun and the same deer. Her face is blurred; she seems nervous. Perhaps she is uncomfortable standing next to the dead deer. I would be uncomfortable posing with a rifle aimed at my chin.





These photos are part of a collection of photos that Richard found while cleaning out Grampa Gord's garage. They were taken by Gene Lignian (left), who married Grampa's sister Eva. They are small 2" by 3" prints, mostly of Aunt Eva but many of other family. Some are dated 1931 or 1932.

No comments: